Alesandra Seutin | Vocab Dance is auditioning for a new project with Sadler’s Wells in 2018. We are inviting highly skilled and experienced contemporary male and female dancers of black, mixed race heritage / diverse backgrounds to be part of a new work.
We are searching for versatile, open minded dancers, with a high level of artistry, integrity and with a collaborative approach to creation.
Applicants must meet all of the following essential criteria:
- Trained in Contemporary/Modern and/or Jazz, urban styles and/or African techniques.
- Over 3 years professional/performance experience
- Physically strong
- Comfortable working with the voice
Where: The audition, by invitation only, will be held in London.
When: Saturday 27 January 2018, with recalls on Sunday 28 January 2018.
Please read our requirements carefully and send in all the requested material well in advance easily accessible to us.
We request all of the following:
- your complete CV;
- a short bio (3-10 sentences);
- a short letter of motivation, to explain your desire to work with Alesandra Seutin | Vocab Dance (3-10 sentences)
- 2 pictures of which 1 should be a portrait and the other a full body photo
- An online film links / uploaded videos to previous work by email
- The period of employment will include rehearsals and performances in London. It is crucial that applicants are available for all the following dates: 19 – 24 May 2018 (R&D), 27 August – 1 September 2018, 17 – 28 September 2018 (rehearsals), 1 – 5 October 2018 (production week), 7 – 13 October 2018 (show week) and are to explicitly confirm their availability for the above period.
Deadline for Applications:
Auditions will be invitation only subject to the requirements above. Please send submissions to Georgia.Kersh@sadlerswells.com Deadline for applicants is noon on 8 January 2018.
Selected candidates will be contacted personally shortly after and invited to audition in London on 27 January 2018.
Please note that we are unable to respond to requests that do not fulfil all of the above criteria or lack any of the requested material and information. We will respond to and review only complete applications, including the video-links, only on YouTube or Vimeo (without a password, open privacy settings), not downloadable files.
The videos should be free from special effects, for example slow motion.
For more information please contact Georgia.Kersh@sadlerswells.com